Day 1 Luang Prabang
Arrive at Luang Prabang Airport and transfer to hotel.
In the afternoon drive to town for a brief city tour. Visit the Former Royal Palace (now the National Museum), Wat Xieng Thong, Wat Sen, Wat Visun and Mount Phou Si where you can watch the sun setting.
Overnight in Luang Prabang.
Day 2 Luang Prabang/Pak Ou Caves
Take a full-day boat trip on the Mekong River to explore local villages at Ban Xiengmene and Bang Chan. Continue with the royal temple at Wat Longkhoun, which once belonged to the royal family and nearby Sackarine Caves and continue cruising Pak Ou cave. Explore caves and cross Mekong River at Ban Ou for lunch at a local restaurant. Return by road to Luang Prabang, stopping en route at Ban Xang Hai, where the residents create a unique rice wine called lao lao and continue to typical Lao villages at Bang Xangkhong and Bang Xienglek, well know for its hand made Jute Sar paper.
Overnight in Luang Prabang. (Breakfast)
Day 3 Luang Prabang/Alms Giving
You may wish to wake up early to offer food to Buddhist monks.
After breakfast visit Luang Prabang Market and a number of shops selling antiques and silver jewelry made by mountain tribes.
Transfer to airport for departure. (Breakfast)
Tour arrangements include:
1) Private transfers in Luang Prabang.
2) Sightseeing tours as specified by private vehicle with English-speaking guide.
3) Admission fees.
4) Two night’s accommodation in Luang Prabang.
5) Breakfast every morning and other meals as indicated.
1) Visa fee into Laos. Passengers can obtain visa on arrival at Luang Prabang Airport. A photograph is required. The fee is between USD20 and USD35 (must be made in US currency only) depending on nationality and you will be allowed to stay for 30 days.
2) International air ticket.