On arrival at Hanoi Airport, you will be met and transferred to your hotel. Balance of the day at leisure for shopping or exploring.
A full day devoted to exploring this fascinating city, learning of its rich history and admiring its fine buildings. The morning’s itinerary includes a visit to the famous Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, Ho Chi Minh’s former residence, the One Pillar Pagoda, and the Temple of Literature. After a tasty lunch at a local restaurant, visit the impressive Vietnam Museum of Fine Arts, the Lake of Restored Sword, and Ngoc Son Temple. As a pleasant finale, take a relaxing one-hour cyclo tour of Hanoi’s Old Quarter, which includes a stop at an ancient Vietnamese “long house”. To end the day’s delightful discoveries, enjoy an evening performance of Hanoi’s famous water puppet show. (B, L)
After breakfast, a pleasant morning drive to Ha Long Bay. Board a refurbished traditional wooden sailing junk for a lovely cruise in the emerald waters of Ha Long Bay, which is dominated by huge limestone cliffs and outcrops – a magical sight, and one of the world’s great natural wonders. After a memorable day, drop anchor close to a remote island. Dinner and overnight on the comfortable well-equipped junk (B, L, D)
A relaxing half-day on board, cruising through different beautiful parts of Ha Long Bay, with stops at colourful grottoes, and deserted beaches where you can enjoy a refreshing swim. Return to Hanoi after lunch, with a stop en route at the Dong Trieu ceramics factory. Transfer to the airport for departure flight. (B, L)
Note: Boat check in /out time is at noon.
- Vietnamese visa processing formalities in order to obtain visa on arrival.
- Accommodation for 3 nights with daily breakfast, three lunches, and one dinner.
- Private transportation for airport transfers and tour with an English-speaking guide.
- Entrance fees to museums, temples, etc., as listed in the itinerary, and Halong Bay cruise
- Vietnamese visa stamping fee
- Camera and video fees as imposed by local authorities
- International air fares and airport taxes