On arrival at Ho Chi Minh (Saigon) Airport, you will be met and transferred to your hotel. Balance of the day at leisure, for exploring or shopping.
After breakfast drive to the extraordinary Cu Chi tunnels, located about 70 kms from Ho Chi Minh City. During the war for independence, Viet Cong guerillas built this huge 120 kms network of narrow tunnels, quite often close to and sometimes even underneath U.S. bases, using them to hide during bombing raids, and to stage surprise attacks. They were also used as communications and supply routes, food and weapons storage, sleeping quarters, and were even equipped with underground hospitals and operating theatres. This site is quite amazing, and should not be missed.
Return to Ho Chi Minh City in the afternoon for an interesting and enjoyable half-day city tour, visiting the former Presidential Palace, Notre Dame Cathedral, Saigon Post Office, Chinatown, Binh Tay Market and Thien Hau Temple.
Lunch at local restaurant. (B, L)
Day free to relax, shop, or continue sightseeing on your own. Transfer to Ho Chi Minh Airport. (B)
1) Vietnamese visa processing formalities in order to obtain visa on arrival.
2) Accommodation for two nights with daily breakfast, and one lunch at a local restaurant.
3) Private transportation for airport transfers and tour with an English-speaking guide.
4) Entrance fees to museums, temples, etc., as listed in the itinerary.
1) Vietnamese visa stamping fee.
2) Camera and video fees as imposed by local authorities.
3) International air fares and airport taxes.