On arrival at Ho Chi Minh (Saigon) Airport, you will be met and transferred to your hotel. Balance of the day at leisure for exploring or shopping.
After breakfast drive to the extraordinary Cu Chi tunnels, about 70 kms from Ho Chi Minh City. During the war for independence, Viet Cong guerillas built this huge 120 kms network of narrow tunnels, quite often close to and sometimes even underneath U.S. bases, using them to hide during bombing raids, and to stage surprise attacks. They were also used as communications and supply routes, food and weapons storage, sleeping quarters, and were even equipped with underground hospitals and operating theatres. This site is quite amazing, and should not be missed.
Return to Ho Chi Minh City in the afternoon for an interesting and enjoyable half-day city tour, visiting the former Presidential Palace, Notre Dame Cathedral, Saigon Post Office, Chinatown, Binh Tay Market and Thien Hau Temple.
Lunch at local restaurant. (B, L)
Depart Ho Chi Minh City for a scenic morning drive through the Mekong Delta to My Tho. Board a comfortable boat here for a cruise to Coconut Island, to enjoy a relaxing stroll, taste tropical fruits, and admire locally produced handicrafts. Continue by boat to Tan Thach, to visit a family business producing coconut confectionary, and then board a horse-drawn cart to Quoi Son to Tam Nen’s house and bee farm where you can sample some delicious honey-lemon tea, and tasty coconut sweetmeats. To continue the enjoyment, float gently on a sampan through the narrow, tree-lined canals of the Mekong Delta with a stop at Qui Island for lunch, and then return by boat to My Tho. If time permits, visit the Vinh Trang Pagoda.
Return to Ho Chi Minh City in late afternoon. (B, L)
1) Vietnamese visa processing formalities in order to obtain visa on arrival.
2) Accommodation for two nights with daily breakfast, and one lunch at a local restaurant.
3) Private transportation for airport transfers and tour with an English-speaking guide.
4) Entrance fees to museums, temples, etc., as listed in the itinerary.
1) Vietnamese visa stamping fee.
2) Camera and video fees as imposed by local authorities.
3) International air fares and airport taxes.